Sunday, December 19, 2010

My kidney cancer and the link to mesothelioma

In October 2009, I received a call from my urologist. What did we, kidney stones were turned out to be a large mass that had literally eaten my left kidney. He told me sorry, he does, but he was diagnosed with kidney cancer. Earlier this year my wife with breast cancer was diagnosed.


Now that makes me a cancer expert? No, of course not. But this is an important fact that share with you because otherwise you mean my question legitimacy writing about lung cancer, kidney cancer, mesothelioma and other asbestos-borne diseases. With that being said I would never dare to give you medical advice. This article is just to show how important it is with a medical expert to consult if you encounter unusual signs or symptoms.


Blood in the urine is likely symptoms most commonly cited under all kidney cancer. I worked on a project outside of which required I, was not used as moving of heavy stones and sand to do me many physical tasks. So of course I was not thinking about something serious when I started to feel a strange kind of pain in my stomach area, specifically in both sides. I due to that found in the fact that I just not been used on such strenuous physical activities.



However, it was probably a week later, while I work out was - I had to take a break and went to the toilet. I couldn't believe what I saw there. I was urinating dark red blood. But there was blood not place it for something else to be confused. I still have that abdominal complaints, but called it 'pain' would have been a bit far fetched.


However, try decided to be I to ignore the incident a tough guy. I thought I could have dislocated something and it will simply go away by itself. And it actually went way for a few days. But then it came back and even more than before. This time, however, there were pieces of tissue in the urine. Finally, I was convinced that I should better see a urologist.


The urologist gave me a check and said that I probably had kidney stones. Given my young age and overall more healthy condition, was this unusual, but not impossible. I've convinced that the blood was not a sign of kidney cancer, after all, would have been even less likely than stones. Further to that I had to give a urine sample tested negative for malignancy. So no signs of kidney cancer, which was quite a relief.


The next step was a CT to better locate the exact position and size of the stones. I did and then I heard still for a few weeks back. In the meantime, the blood in my had completely subsided urine. Now and then, as mentioned earlier, the urologist called me that revealed the CT 7 cm dimensions in my left kidney. He then planned a cystoscopy for me basically go in and get an understanding of whether or not the cancer had already spread to the adrenal gland or ureter.


My wife and I have very concerned in the meantime that it may be a problem with our House, water or soil on the farm. It was just too odd coincidence, we both diagnosed with cancer in the matter of a few months.


During the cystoscopy was a 30 cm stent in my ureter inserts. The pain I experienced after the procedure and urinating was unbearable. Sometimes I thought I was going after fainting. But the good news was that there were no signs distribution outside the organ, the mass was limited to the kidneys. End of November on a laparoscopic surgery my left kidney was removed. It was a radical nephrectomy which means that the entire organ removed. Other than that, I was happy enough to not all other kidney cancer treatments have to undergo.


The pathology of my tumor revealed that my cancer was probably as old as 20 years. This was an other important observation because that definitively confirmed that it absolutely no connection between gave my wife and my cancer. I even in the United States was until 2005 but live thousands of miles away in Germany. That left me with the question: what was cause my kidney cancer? My oncologist and I tried to narrow it down and it turned out that back when I for a longer period, the asbestos was exposed. I had, fibre cement while I handle a construction project involved was leaves. I was the health dangers that unprotected asbestos exposure and the development of mesothelioma, lung cancer, are associated with asbestosis and kidney cancer completely unaware. So, for over a year I had inhaled and taking the carcinogenic asbestos fibres.


It is essential that you can't ignore what your body is trying to tell you. Should you freak out after a cough? No, thats not the point. But if you have nothing else going that is out of the ordinary, wait not around. Immediately a medical appointment to make; It can really save your life.


In March 2009, my wife Ann got diagnosed with breast cancer. Still, I waited another surprise us - after I found in my urine blood for a CAT scan, which reveals a 7 cm tumor in my left kidney sent. On 1 October 2009, I was officially diagnosed with kidney cancer. That's when I started writing about kidney cancer and other asbestos-borne diseases, including mesothelioma and asbestosis.


Article source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tony_Ulrich


View the original article here